19 May What makes a great estate agent? 5 things to look for:
There are plenty of good estate agents out there, but it takes something extra to become the best. A great estate agent gets the best price for your home, while also making sure the process runs as smoothly as possible.
Here are the top 5 things that make a good estate agent, the best.
1. They know the local area like the back of their hand. They can give you anything from a shortcut that saves you a good 5 miles to which school is going up in parents’ estimation (and which is going down). They’ll be abreast of the latest developments in a village planning scheme and tell you which streets are the ones currently most in demand.
2. Their marketing gives you maximum exposure. These days house buyers do all their viewing online before contacting an agent. The best estate agent will be able to market your home in a way that gives your home maximum exposure online. They’ll be quick to put up quality pictures alongside well-thought out text. They’ll also have their finger on the pulse of social media.
3. They go the extra mile. With a typical estate agent, viewings can only be held when it fits the agent’s diary. The best agent will go that extra mile to fit in viewings, even if it means early one Saturday morning, or after 6pm. Ditto answering the phones (within reason, of course). They will also keep you in the loop regarding how your property sale (or purchase) is going. If you’re selling, that includes how many views on the website, or how many enquiries have been made by phone.They’ll also try to give you feedback within 24 hours of a viewing.
4. They make your life easier. If you need anything from a conveyancer to specialist curtain-maker, they’ve got an address book bursting with useful contacts.
5. They put their money where their mouth is, because they’re members of the Office of Fair Trading and The Property Ombudsman Service. This means that they not only say that they have a strict code of conduct, they adhere to it.
Don’t forget, the best agent won’t give you the highest price for your home, but rather the most honest and realistic price, based on years of experience and an in-depth knowledge of the local market.
Get started with your search to find the best of the best, call us on 01494 873663 if you’re thinking of buying a house in Chalfont St Peter, Chalfont St Giles, Gerrards Cross, Rickmansworth or Beaconsfield. We’d be happy to help.