Information for Tenants: Properties in England
Relevant letting fees and tenant protection information
In addition to paying rent for the property, you may also be required to make the following permitted payments:
Before the tenancy starts:
- Holding Deposit: 1 week’s rent; and/or
- Deposit: 5 weeks rent (or in the case of rental income of more than £50,000 per annum 6 weeks rent).
During the tenancy:
- Payments to other third parties: such as Council Tax, utilities or payments for communications services;
- Default Charges: such as payments for the replacement of lost keys or interest on overdue rent at 3%
- Tenancy Transaction Charges: such as requests to vary or assign the tenancy.
- Other Permitted Charges: such as changes to the tenancy agreement at £50 and early termination including reasonable costs to the landlord which are associated with the early termination.
Please contact us to discuss any aspect of these charges.
Rushbrook and Rathbone is a member of propertymark client money protection scheme, and also a member of The Property Ombudsman, which is a redress scheme. You can find out more details on the agent’s website or by contacting the agent directly.